FREE Standard UK delivery with £10 of selected products
This Privacy Notice explains how VetUK Ltd whose registered office is at Units 7 & 8 Europark, Station Road, Thirsk, YO7 1GQ (“we”, “us” or “our”) and sets out how we collect, hold and use your personal data. This Privacy Notice provides information that is legally required and explains your rights in relation to your personal data.
This Privacy Notice relates to personal information that identifies “you” where you are a customer or potential customer, an individual who browses our website or an individual outside our organisation with whom we interact. If you are an employee, supplier, otherwise engaged in working with VetUK or applying to work for us, a separate privacy notice applies which is available on request by contacting our Data Protection Officer (DPO).
We refer to this information throughout this Privacy Notice as “personal data” and section 3 sets out further detail of what this includes.
Please ensure you read this Privacy Notice to understand how we may use your personal data. If you have any questions regarding the Privacy Notice or would like further confirmation please contact the Data Protection Office (DPO) who will respond to your request within 14 working days.
We may make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time, without prior notice so please ensure you check this document regularly.
We are fully committed to compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and we are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Our registration number is Z9740275.
2. How to contact us
For the purposes of relevant data protection legislation, we are a controller of your personal data and as a controller we use the personal data we hold about you in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
If you need to contact us regarding our processing of your personal data, you can contact the Data Protection Officer directly using the details below:
By post to: Data Protection Officer, VetUK, Units 7 & 8 Europark, Station Road, Thirsk, YO7 1GQ
By email: For the attention of the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. What personal data do we collect about you
We classify personal data as any data which allows us to identify you, either directly or indirectly. Depending on how you reach out to us, we may collect some or all of the following personal data:
- Date of birth
- Email addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
We also collect details of your visits to our website including but not limited to traffic data, location and other communication data.
We may also create personal data about you if for example, you contact us by telephone to enquire about our products or service or should you wish to provide feedback or make a complaint. We would then make a written record of key details of the conversation so that we can take steps to respond to the technical query or address the complaint.
4. Who receives your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
Our group companies and affiliates who may process data on our behalf to enable us to carry out or improve our business practices.
This includes the following data processors:
Any such disclosure will only be so that we can process your personal data for the purposes set out in this Privacy notice.
Third party data processors to enable us to carry out or improve our usual business practices. We have contracts in place with our data processors, which means they must hold your data securely.
5. How long will we store your personal data for
We will store your personal data for the time period which is appropriate in accordance with our data retention policy. The length of time set out in our retention policy is determined by one or more of the following criteria:
- Where retention of your personal data is necessary to facilitate and support the original purpose for processing your personal data.
- To protect against any potential claims arising from the original purpose of processing.
- Where we rely upon your consent to process your personal data and you continue to consent to the processing.
- As dictated by relevant legislation.
If you would like details about how long we hold your personal data, please refer to the information set out in section 2 of this Privacy Notice.
6. Contractual or statutory requirements on you to provide personal data
In certain circumstances the provision of personal data by you is a requirement:
- To comply with the law or a contract; or
- Necessary to enter into a contract with VetUK.
It is your choice as to whether you provide us with your personal data necessary to enter into a contract or as part of a contractual requirement. If however you do not provide your personal data then we may be unable to perform all or some of the services you expect under our contract with you.
It is your choice as to whether you provide us with your personal data necessary to enter into a contract or as part of a contractual requirement. If however you do not provide your personal data then we may be unable to perform all or some of the services you expect under our contract with you. An example of this would be where we are unable to provide you with certain products or services as we do not have your full details, or where we cannot perform our contract with you because we rely on the personal data you provide in order to do so.
7. Your rights in relation to your personal data
You have the right to withdraw any consent you have given to us in regards to processing your personal data at anytime. You may also have the following rights in connection to the processing of your personal data:
- The right to request access to your personal data the we hold at anytime.
- The right to rectify any inaccuracies in your personal data.
- The right to request that incomplete personal data is completed.
- The right to request the removal of your personal data that we hold or restrict.
- The right to request access to your personal data in a structured format.
- The right to put forwards a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data
- with the Information Commissioner’s Office or other relevant supervisory body. Please click here for how to do this.
8. Links to other websites
This Privacy Notice only sets out how we will collect, hold and use your personal data. We are not responsible for any use of your personal data that is made by third party websites, to which we may link to.