Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Diabetic Special Wet Food for Adult Dogs is a carefully balanced, low carbohydrate diet for dogs to help with the nutritional management of canine diabetes mellitus.
Formulated with a moderate calorie level to minimize insulin resistance associated with obesity, and to encourage an optimal body condition, Royal Canin Diabetic contains a high protein content to release glucose in a slow and steady supply via Gluconeogenesis.
- Gluco Modulation: Cereals of low glycaemic index in conjunction with the gelling action of psyllium mucilage reduce postprandial hyperglycaemia
- Low Starch: A low carbohydrate intake helps control postprandial blood glucose
- High Protein: A high content helps reduce net energy supply and promote a prolonged, progressive glucose supply
- Moderate Calorie: Promotes an optimal body composition and minimises the insulin resistance common with being overweight
- Dietary Fibre: Slows small intestinal digestion and supports glycaemic control in diabetic dogs
Pork and Poultry Meat, Poultry Liver, Vegetable Fibre, Corn, Minerals, Carrageenan, Sugar Beet Pulp, Sunflower Oil, Taurine, Trace Elements (Including Chelated Trace Elements), Marigold Extract (Rich in Lutein), L Carnitine, Vitamins
Crude Ash: 7%. Crude Fibre: 12.5%. Crude Oil Fats: 20%. Moisture: 80%. Protein: 45%