Synulox Palatable Tablets
Synulox Palatable Tablets are indicated for the treatment of a range of bacterial infections, including skin disease, soft tissue infections, dental infections, urinary tract infections, respiratory disease and enteritis in dog and cats. Containing amoxycillin and clavulanic acid, Synulox is a safe and effective antibiotic with activity against a wide range of bacteria.
Synulox Tablets are presented as circular, pink tablets with a break line on one face for easy and accurate dosing. They are available in various strengths for cats and dogs.
Synulox 50mg Tablets have a notably broad spectrum of bactericidal activity against bacteria commonly found in cats and dogs. Clinically Synulox has been shown to be effective in treating a...[More info]
Synulox 500mg Tablets have a notably broad spectrum of bactericidal activity against bacteria commonly found in dogs. Clinically Synulox has been shown to be effective in treating a wide...[More info]
Synulox 250mg Tablets have a notably broad spectrum of bactericidal activity against bacteria commonly found in cats and dogs. Clinically Synulox has been shown to be effective in treating...[More info]
The product should not be given to rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters or gerbils. Caution is advised in their use in any other very small herbivores.
Special warnings for each target species
Special precautions for use in animals
Special precautions to be taken by the person administering the veterinary medicinal product to animals
Penicillins and cephalosporins may cause hypersensitivity (allergy) following injection, inhalation, ingestion or skin contact. Hypersensitivity to penicillins may lead to cross-reactions to cephalosporins and vice versa. Allergic reactions to these substances may occasionally be serious.
Do not handle this product if you know you are sensitised, or if you have been advised not to work with such preparations.
Handle this product with great care to avoid exposure, taking all recommended precautions.
If you develop symptoms following exposure such as a skin rash, you should seek medical advice and show the doctor this warning. Swelling of the face, lips or eyes or difficulty with breathing are more serious symptoms and require urgent medical attention.
Wash hands after use.
Adverse reactions (frequency and seriousness)
Use during pregnancy, lactation or lay
The product can be safely used in pregnant and lactating animals.
Interaction with other medicinal products and other forms of interaction
Amounts to be administered and administration route
Administration: by the oral route.
Dosage rate: 12.5 mg/kg bodyweight.
Dosage frequency: The following table is intended as a guide to dispensing at the standard dose rate of 12.5 mg/kg, twice daily.
Overdose (symptoms, emergency procedures, antidotes), if necessary
The product is of low order toxicity to the target species. No adverse side effects are to be expected from accidental overdose.