FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £29*

*Conditions apply - details
Shop by Category
Please enable cookies to use this site. Why?

Oxycare

Oxycare Tablets are used as an antibiotic for the treatment of dogs with bacterial infections sensitive to tetracycline therapy. Oxycare tablets are avaialble in 50mg, 100mg & 250mg and are yellow, sugar coated tablet containing as active ingredient either: 50 mg, 100 mg or 250 mg Oxytetracycline Dihydrate.

Oxycare Tablet 100mg

Oxycare Tablet 100mg

£0.08

Oxycare tablets contain Oxytetracycline Dihydrate. An Antibiotic indicated for the treatment of dogs with bacterial infections sensitive to tetracycline therapy, soft-tissue infections...[More info]

£0.08
Oxycare Tablet 250mg

Oxycare Tablet 250mg

£0.14

Oxycare tablets contain Oxytetracycline Dihydrate. An Antibiotic indicated for the treatment of dogs with bacterial infections sensitive to tetracycline therapy, soft-tissue infections...[More info]

£0.14

Soft-tissue infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus or Streptococcus spp. have been shown to be highly sensitive. Respiratory infections caused by Bordetella bronchiseptica are also commonly sensitive.

In dogs: Initial dose of 50 mg/kg body weight followed by 25 mg/kg body weight every 12 hours for 5 days, e.g. a 20 kg dog will require 4×250 mg tablets then 2×250 mg tablets twice daily. To be taken by mouth at least one hour before or two hours after feeding.

Oxycare is contra-indicated for patients with hypersensitivity to any tetracycline.

Aluminium, magnesium and calcium interfere with absorption of oxytetracycline, for this reason it must not be given concurrently with milk or antacids.

Oxytetracycline is deposited in growing teeth and bones and may cause yellow discolouration. It also crosses the placenta. For this reason Oxycare is not recommended in late pregnancy or in young animals. Caution must be taken in treating animals with renal or hepatic dysfunction, in such cases it may be necessary to reduce dosage levels.

If you know you are hypersensitive (allergic) to oxytetracycline, do not handle the product. In the event of accidental ingestion, flush mouth with plenty of water and seek medical advice. In the event of eye contact, flush thoroughly with clean, running water. If irritation persists seek medical attention. Wash hands after use.

Oxycare is for animal treatment only. Keep out of reach of children. Do not store above 25°C and protect from light.

Dispose of any unused product and empty containers in accordance with guidance from your local waste regulation authority.

Prolonged use of antibiotics of all types may promote the overgrowth of non-susceptible organisms to that antibiotic. Where it occurs therapy should be discontinued and appropriate control of the organism concerned substituted.

Gastric lavage may be beneficial in the first hours after ingestion and milk will reduce absorption. Thereafter conservative treatment.